Laser Hair Removal : 6th Appointment

I had the 6th appointment a few weeks ago. I waited to post so that I could study a few rounds of shaving to see how my legs are doing. The nutshell version: the hairs on my thighs are tough, tough little buggers. They will not die. They are weakening. The bikini and love trail are disappearing. I have only stragglers. And on a new part of my bikini (I decided late in the game to laser more of the area) it is showing batchy-ness, which means that there are circles of no growth. So, bikini and love trail are taking to the laser more effectively, and the legs are taking longer.

Now, as I've stated, my technicians are very nice. I've had 3 of them, and there is one that I get frequently and we always like to catch up. As nice as they are, for my 6th appointment, I was upset. I was actually late to my appointment, as I frequently am and have to reschedule half of my appointment, but I still went in frustrated. At my American Laser Center office, they like for you to shave, or else charge you extra for dry shaving with a cheap Bic (ouch and razor burn). But, I was not going to pay, as I wanted the technician to see for herself, with her expert eyes, on how my leg hair is doing. The technician took a picture, as she usually does, and asked if I was pleased. I flatly said NO. It's been too long, I said. She said that she doesn't lie to her patients, and it can take 8 or 10 rounds for people. Even though she was probably upset with me for being late, she was visibly concerned that I was unsatisfied. To be fair, I think she and definitely the office manager who I had a consultation with and signed me up, did imply that the hair would be gone in 6 rounds. But with the 2 years of free appointments to clean up. I should have known that the 2 years were there for a reason. But, everyone loses the hair at different speeds.

So. Did the 6th round affect my leg hair? It really did. The hair is growing more slowly still, and not as prickly. I compare it to my lower leg that has not had any laser treatments. My leg hair is proving stubborn. But that is why I got it lasered in the first place. I didn't just invest in laser hair removal as a cosmetic luxury. I invested because I get ingrowns on my bikini which are painful and ugly; because my thigh hair is so prickly and irritating on my skin, especially in the summer; because I have good legs but don't show them in the summer because of these stated reasons.

Am I happy? Am I glad I invested? Yes. It is so hot here in NYC, and finally I am wearing short shorts. The shortest shorts I've probably ever worn. Short shorts that I would even go out running in, when they could pass for boy-shorts, if you know what I mean. I am not getting ingrowns. My bikini and love trail are almost gone. My leg hair is on the retreat, but is softer. I am not paranoid about ugly, prickly hair that I forgot to shave when I put shorts on.

Saving graces or added bonuses? When my technicians ask me in one appointment if I'm losing weight, and in another appointment if I'm a runner because my back legs are so "toned." If only my stomach and non-existent abs could have a similar affect on people!

Laser Progress Reports

Laser Hair Removal :: Appointment #8 laser hair removal
Laser Hair Removal :: Appointment #7 for pics of technicians laser hair removal
Laser Hair Removal :: Appointment #6 laser hair removal
Laser Hair Removal :: Appointment #5.5 for Bikini laser hair removal
Laser Hair Removal :: Appointment #5 laser hair removal
Laser Hair Removal :: Appointment #4 laser hair removal
Laser Hair Removal :: Appointment #3.5 laser hair removal
Laser Hair Removal :: The Second Zap laser hair removal
Laser Hair Removal :: The First Followuplaser hair removal
Laser Hair Removal :: The First Zaplaser hair removal
Laser Hair Removal :: War of My Legs Part 1 laser hair removal


Disclaimer: FashionMista, nor its author, are qualified to give medical advice and cannot be held responsible for anything that may occur. Should you have a medical concern, please consult your physician.